Why is WATER so important?….
WATER is the principal constituent of the body, our bodies are mostly made of water. 65% of the body weight of an adult male and 55% of an adult female. Water is the principle constituent of ALL body fluids (blood, lymph, tissue fluid), of all secretions (salivary juice, gastric juice, bile, sweat) and all excretory fluids (urine). Excessive loss to dehydration re: hot weather temperatures, physical activity, working outdoors, exercise, lack of intake of water, etc. Thus we need to be mindful to replenish that delicate balance to achieve the highest degree of health. We can survive for only a short time without water intake.
Drink only PURE not tap/chlorinated water and all OTHER fluids do not replace our water intake such as all soda pop and coffee, they dehydrate the body further. Try not to drink any fluids during a meal as it dilutes the gastric fluids needed to digest our food, approx. 20 minutes before & after is better. Some people who are TASTE people and water just is a real struggle to drink I suggest to add chlorophyll for a mild spearmint taste and is an overall body tonic, body deodorant, for over acidity (an alkaline system is a healthy system) & much more; also great for cat & dog breath, hairballs and general good health as they have the same systems we do so don’t forget to give your pets pure, clean water too! Adding lemon &/or lime wedges I also like to add cucumber slices to a pitcher of water & let it flavor for several hours or overnight for a mild, refreshing drink (did I mention healthier?) for those hot summer days.
Some facts on WATER
- 2 glasses of water after waking up helps activate internal organs
- 1 glass of water 30 minutes prior to a meal helps digestion
- composes 75% of the brain
- helps carry nutrients & oxygen to the cells
- moistens oxygen for breathing
- helps convert food into energy
- protects & cushions vital organs
- helps the body absorb nutrients
- makes up 75% of muscles
- regulates body temperature
- makes up 83% of blood
- removes waste
- accounts for 22% of bones
- cushions joints
- 75% of Americans are chronically DEHYDRATED (likely applies to half the world population)
- In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is mistaken for hunger
- Even mild dehydration will slow down one’s metabolism 3%
- One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a University of Washington study.
- Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue
- Preliminary research indicates 8-10 glasses of water per day could significantly ease back & joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.
- A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short term memory, trouble with basic math & difficulty focusing on the computer screen or printed page.
Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, slash breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.
ARE YOU DRINKING THE AMOUNT OF WATER YOU SHOULD DRINK EVERYDAY??
See my new link http://www.clrhealing.com/water for more information on my website.
And view the SANTEVIA website for products and more information on alkaline water .
Hope you found this helpful and I promise if you drink water you WILL NOT RUST as one wonderful man used to tell me would happen.
LAUGHTER…the BEST medicine!!! So laugh on & enjoy the rest of this wonderful summer while it lasts.